Friday, April 2, 2010

My First Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews

Anthropologie opened today!  This store is going to test every last ounce of my willpower.  I was a little bummed that it's a smaller store than I was used to having in Atlanta, but it's still beautiful.  I did my best to only try on a few full priced items, and the rest was from the oh-so-small sale room.  For pictures of the store, check out this local blog: Hills of Woodland.

I liked the tunic length, silk material, and bright color.  The sleeves were almost tight on my biceps, would not work for girls that lift weights a lot.  




I love dresses with pockets!  I liked the fit of this dress, but the pattern didn't blow me away.  Like almost every dress made, I would have to have the straps shortened on this.




I loved this dress so much!  It wouldn't even need alterations.  I recently purchased then returned a dress at Target that screamed "Little House on the Prairie", but it just wasn't flattering.  This says prairie in a much better way.  I think its so cute!




I love this dress.  It's so beautiful and unique.  It would need altering though for me, I'd have to have the bodice shortened.  I love how flattering it is, even straight off the rack.  Plus you cannot find another print so fantastic.  I did think of Amsterdam, not NYC, when I tried it on.  I wish it wasn't so expensive!

Also tried on a few things without taking photos because they didn't fit me.

I tried on the larger of my usual sizes for pants, 10, and they barely made it over my thighs.  Way too small...so the sizing is pretty bad on these.  Definitely size up!

Free Skate Mini - $49.95
Not sure why I even tried this on.  It's completely shapeless and boring on me.  Plus the waistband is pretty tight compared to the volume of the material.

I would have purchased this today if it cost less.  I tried on a medium, and it was way too big.  But I'll buy a size small or x-small if I go back for this.  It's not super exciting, I know, but I love cardigans of all kinds.  I get cold easily, especially at work.

I tried this on in a bright kelly green gingham that isn't online.  It was VERY open at the neckline and had excess material under the bust.  I have a fairly large chest, so I have no clue who this would fit.  And you definitely will need a camisole.

5 comments:

  1. I have the NY NY dress! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I want it! I wish it wasn't so expensive. I don't think I can rationalize the cost, esp with alterations as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a second round in the fitting room, I decided that I'm too busty for the Plains and Prairies dress. I look a little Dolly Parton-ish. And I bought the Fragmented Pipevine dress! After Sahiti, my mom, and the fitting room attendants pointed out that it was really flattering on me. Plus the elastic on the waist means it'll still fit me even if I lose a few pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking me to your reviews via the Anthroholic blog posts...Did you find the fit of the Fragmented Pipevines and Plains and Prairies to be true to your normal size?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they fit true to the size I wear in shirts. The Plains & Prairies has some stretch at the bust with the smocking and adjustable straps, so that helps. I honestly might exchange the Fragmented Pipevines for the Plains & Prairies now...I'm so torn between them! Good luck making your decision! They're both great dresses.

    ReplyDelete