Monday, April 5, 2010

Long Weekend of Relaxation - The Food

Time off means shopping and cooking usually for me.  Spring or Easter is also a good excuse for cute food.  First, I made cute shaped funfetti cakes for my co-workers last week.  I used glaze instead of icing to show the shapes, but it did a fantastic job of locking in moisture too.  The cakes were fantastic!  Hard to believe they were a box mix.  I made cupcakes with the leftover batter.  Also my cakes rose a lot more than I expected, so I cut off the parts that came out of the molds to make nice, equally tasty disks.
Tray from Target

I have been craving southern food, so I made my mother's recipe for Brunswick stew.  It's easy southern food.  Not the prettiest, but tasty.
Brunswick stew cooking, yum!

Last of the food, I bought super cute wine from World Market!
Cupcake Brut Rose Pinot Noir
Olde Savannah Sweet Tea wine

Not food, but I bought and put together floral arrangements for my vases.  I prefer real flowers, but I was having trouble keeping up with fresh flowers.  I figure I'll switch these out for real flowers when I have guests over.  The second vase is from my friend, Amanda.  Thank you!  Also noticed that I really need to buy new orchids, as mine are strictly brown stems now.  Oops.

Flowers from Michael's

No comments:

Post a Comment