Monday, April 5, 2010

Long Weekend of Relaxation - The Outfits

Thanks to Good Friday and my company's generous offer of an unpaid day off (furlough) I had a four day weekend!  It was glorious.  I did a lot of nothing, just relaxing.  I love days off because I get to choose between comfort, leggings and tees, and style, heels and dresses.

I finally bought a black cardigan!  It's a silk and cashmere blend that I got on sale for $30.  I wore it on Thursday to work and then out to happy hour.  I made this work appropriate with a high neck grey camisole and flats.  The sweater has a nice details, chiffon at the buttons, pockets, and a tie at the waist.

Cardigan: Victoria's Secret
Tank: Banana Republic
Jeans: Lucky
Boots: Franco Fortini
Earrings: Artist in Savannah's Art Market

No pictures of Friday's outfit, it was just a shorts, tights, and a t-shirt.  But for Saturday I did better.  I wore one of my Liberty of London for Target shirts.  I went to the farmer's market.  It was cold when I left the apartment, but warmed up as I walked around.  I wish I had worn real shoes and not ugg style boots; I ended up being too warm.  Fyi, for everyone getting spring weather every where else, LA wants it back.  Sixty degrees may be spring to other people, but it's chilly to me!

 
Tunic: Liberty of London for Target
Leggings: Forever 21
Cardigan: Victoria's Secret
Boots: Wal-mart
Necklace: bought in Mexico
Belt: ribbon

I didn't do anything for Easter on Sunday, but I wore an old Easter dress.  I bought this at the Guess outlet in Dawsonville, GA, many years ago.  Unfortunately it shrunk when washed, so it's a tunic now.  I figured it was appropriate to wear this Easter.  And this belt is new from my trip to the mall on Friday.  It actually came with a skirt from Forever 21, but for $11, it doesn't matter if I never wear the skirt.  It was worth the price just for the belt.

Tunic: Guess
Leggings: American Apparel
Belt: Forever 21
Boots: Franco Fortini

Today I decided to go with a dress and heels.  I love dressing up, but I have to admit I often feel out of place running local errands.  I'm usually the most dressed up person in the whole place.  Also, these are the best tights ever.  I wish they were cheaper, I'd buy a pair in every color!  They're soft, comfortable, and stay up without any tugging.

Dress: Forever 21
Cardigan: American Eagle
Tights: American Apparel
Heels: Bass
Barrette: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment