Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There's no such thing as a real sick day.

At least not when I have a work laptop.  I took 3/4 of a real sick day.  Whatever cold/allergies thing I have finally caught up with me.  I slept until 1:45 this afternoon, went out for lunch, then worked 2 hours from my couch.  For food, I didn't have the energy to cook, so I walked to a newer restaurant next door to my apartment complex.  I live near great choices for being sick.  First there's an Americanized sit down Mexican restaurant - I'm sure they make a good chicken tortilla soup and there's always margaritas (alcohol to kill germs and maybe a little vitamin C in the lime juice).  Next up there's a small plaza with a Quizno's - soup and subs are a classic combo, although a bit overpriced at this particular location.  In the end of that plaza there used to be a chicken place that I really liked that unfortunately went out of business.  In it's place is a sushi spot.  I hadn't been yet, but they had a sign out front advertising lunch specials.  I decided today was a perfect day to try it out.  If nothing else, hot green tea and miso soup sounded wonderful.  Turns out that the star of this place was the panko fried whitefish!  So crispy, not at all oily, and overall just wonderful.  The prices were pretty good too.  In total, $11 for 8 pieces of California roll, fried fish, tomato & orange wedges, scoop of potato salad, miso soup, hot tea, and a bowl of brown rice I didn't even eat because I was too full from everything else.  (Yes, I realize this seems like an odd combo of food, but it's what comes in the bento lunch meal.)  Overall the place looked good, and I can't wait to go back to try more sushi.  Somehow raw fish just didn't seem super appealing while congested.

Also, I'd like to point out that I consider these my man-repelling leggings.  They remind me of color guard uniforms from high school.  For this reason, I've never worn them before.  I love the idea of velvet leggings, but these were on sale online at Target and I didn't realize it was shiny crushed velvet when I placed the order.  Somehow, I think this is a pretty good outfit considering it's a sick day.
Tunic: Forever 21
Tank: Express
Cardigan: Division
Leggings & shoes: Target

Cute new pedicure from last night's SWE EC meeting at Bellacures

Zadie spent a lot of time with me today.  While I worked, she laid on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment