Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had a great day!  I guess it started yesterday.  I bought myself a dress from Anthropologie.  (My grandma sent me a gift card, so it's from her too.  Thanks Grandma!)  I cannot believe I found this dress hiding in the sale room in my size!  I also finally bought my formal dress for the Los Angeles Engineers Council banquet.  I tried on this dress months ago, but it was $228 at full price.  I bought the last one in my store for only $91!  Last night while I watched the Grammy awards, I treated my cat to her Valentine's gift - a whole pile of cat-nip!  I poured it onto the base of her scratching post.  As you'll see, she loved it!  Today I arrived at work to find my rabbit (with big pointy teeth!) toy biting down onto a little box of chocolates on my chair.  There was no note.  As the day went on, it became clear that about 7 other girls at work also received mystery chocolate.  It was a fun day talking with the other girls trying to figure out who the gifts are from!  Tonight I treated myself to a fantastic dinner at Morton's steakhouse.  I ate at the bar for happy hour.  They offer a prime burger with fries for $17 and cosmos for $7.  One of my friends, Marinelle, met me at the bar for dinner too.

Yesterday's outfit:
Dress, shoes & belt: Target
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Heart necklace: gift
Hair bow (not seen): Forever 21

Dresses I bought:
Anthropologie De Chelly Dress

White House Black Market Crystal Circles Gown

My mystery chocolate (and my Monty Python rabbit).

And as promised, photos of my cat high on cat-nip.



My valentine!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like both of you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did! Although I think Zadie wants more cat-nip now.

    ReplyDelete