Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blues Fusion

Last night I went to a party that a friend invited me too.  It was her friend's apartment warming party, but instead of having it in her actual apartment, she rented out her building's community room.  Since it had a great dance floor and she dances as a hobby, the host's friends took over and hosted a blues fusion dance party, complete with three different DJ's.  The party guests really knew what they were doing!  It was intimidating at first, but after a while (and a few rum & cokes) I really started to enjoy the dancing.  I had trouble at first with "following", a concept that is a lot harder to do than it sounds.  I actually want to take lessons now!

Since I didn't know that it would be an actual dancing event, I just wore party clothes.  I did somehow manage to dance in these heels, but I wouldn't wear them again for dancing.
Tank: Target
Jeans: Paige
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Shoes: Bakers
Purse: H&M

Messy side ponytail inspired by these two posts: Asian Cajuns & A Cup of Jo
Hair bow: Forever 21

A heart ring for Valentine's Day from Victoria's Secret PINK

And since you're probably thinking "what in the world is blues fusion dancing?", here's two youtube videos I found of it online.

2 comments:

  1. Once I figured out following, it wasn't hard at all. It's all about moving to the music and being in tune with what your partner is doing. Then again, I had a few drinks, so not sure how accurate that advice really is or if I just thought that's what I was supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete