Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chile Stew

Finally posting a review of the chile stew I made for the super bowl.  It was very easy to make and tasty.  It was even toddler-approved.  Aiden, Courtney's son, liked it.


Ingredients: 20 oz ground turkey, two 7 oz cans of fire-roasted mild green chiles, about 7 jalapenos diced, and the rest of the recipe as written.  For corn I used one regular can and a handful of fire-roasted frozen corn.  I didn't add the corn until after cooking the stew overnight on low in the slow cooker.

It was so good!  Especially topped with avocado, fresh lime juice, and blue corn chips.

Also, it's pictured in my new bowls!  I finally bought the white jumbo stacking mugs from World Market.  They may be called mugs, but almost 20 oz, they're definitely bowl-sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment