Friday, October 22, 2010

I will wear what I want!

I realized that sometime around my two year anniversary at my job I broke out of my work-wear rut.  I work in a fairly casual office, however... In order to work in the lab or walk thru the shop, I have to obey safety rules.  Those rules entail: closed toe, closed back, flat shoes and long pants.  I also work with a lot of older men.  This means modesty is extremely important.  For work I own baggy pants, cotton shirts, and high necked camisoles.  At some point I finally wore a dress to work.  Since that day, I've embraced finally dressing the way I want to for work.  It still makes me a little nervous for the looks I'll get from co-workers, but I still love to wear clothes that make me happy!  Today was one of those days.  I've owned this dress for quite a while, but today was the first day I've worn it to work.  I felt it was a little too short, so I wore it with leggings instead of tights.  And yes, I definitely got some odd looks from co-workers today.
Dress: Target
Leggings: American Apparel
Belt and earrings: Forever 21
Boots: Franco Fortini
Socks: unknown (but they're super fuzzy and soft!)

1 comment: