Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Costumes!

I wanted to share with you my two Halloween costumes so far.  The first I wore to a party last Saturday.  Before the party I got a few pictures at Paramount Ranch, an old western movie set.  I wanted to dress up as a square dancer, but I couldn't find a good dress.  Instead I called this "saloon girl" and drank whiskey from a mason jar at the party!
  
Dress & flower pin: Forever 21
Belt & boots: Target
Necklace: Fredrick's of Hollywood
Hat & petticoat: Amazon

Tonight, with my friend Jen's help, I put together a fun shark costume.  I was inspired by the American Apparel costume contest online.  After seeing someone else make a hoodie into a shark, I had to try it too!  Unfortunately I was reminded tonight that I cannot sew, so I actually only bought and cut out the felt pieces.  Jen did all the sewing.  I did make a fin, but it had a design flaw and laid flat on my back mostly.  I'll fix that before I wear this to the work costume party on Friday with jeans.  This outfit was perfect for running around the corn maze at the local community college tonight!
  
Sweatshirt & leggings: American Apparel
Boots: Wal-mart
Fin: cardboard covered in foil
Teeth, gums, & eyes: felt

2 comments: