Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stay-cation Outfits

My mom flew out to LA to visit me for almost a week.  It's probably the only vacation time I'll take this summer, so I tried to enjoy it as much as possible.
First up, this outfit I put together with items I bought at the outlet mall on July 1.  My mom arrived in the morning, so we got Sprinkles cupcakes, dropped her luggage off at my apartment, In-n-Out lunch, and headed to the outlets in Camarillo.  I did very well!  New shoes from Bass ($13!), a few items from LOFT, and a lot from American Apparel.  We drove to Neptune's Net seafood on the beach after for dinner, and it was a lot cooler and windy.  I did a quick change in the car into new items that would keep me warm and covered in the wind.
Cardigan: LOFT Outlet
Skirt: American Apparel
Shoes: Naturalizer

Next, my mom and I went to Hollywood and Universal CityWalk on Friday.  I wore a new purchase from the LOFT outlet.  This really reminds me how much I need a new, longer pair of shorts.  This photo is at Grauman's Chinese Theater.
Top: LOFT Outlet
Shorts: American Eagle
Headband: CVS
Shoes (not shown): Birkenstock

Saturday we went to the Calabasas farmer's market, walked to Corner Bakery for lunch, and walked around the little mall.  We went out to a nice dinner at Cheesecake Factory as well.
Dress: LOFT
Shoes: Bass
Ring: Forever 21

  
Dress: Anthropologie
Shoes: Bass
Earrings: Savannah Art Market
Necklace: Cost Plus World Market
Ring: Forever 21
Mom's necklace: Tiffany's (mine)

I already posted my fourth of July outfit to the blog, so here's Monday.  We went hiking and to the beach, so this is what I put on after a shower for going out to dinner at my local little Mexican place.
Dress and necklace: Forever 21
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Shoes: Bass

Tuesday was my mom's last day in town, but we made the most of it by going to Catalina island.  The island is gorgeous!  My mom flew out on the red-eye flight, so we had all day to site-see.
 
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: Old Navy
Shoes: Naturalizer
Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment