Monday, January 24, 2011

My Favorite Part of LA

My favorite thing about Los Angeles is that there is a ton of great hiking.  This weekend my friends and I went to Escondido Falls in Malibu.  The trail started after a walk down a private road with big Malibu houses.  The first part of the trail was a nice wooded park with a creek that the trail passes over several times.  The path ends at the first waterfall.  It's pretty, but smells like sulfur.  Beyond the first waterfall there was a small path up a loose gravel that led to steeper rocks.  I won't lie, I had a mild panic attack when we got to a part that had ropes to assist in the climbing/hiking.  We eventually got to some smaller falls, then the path was more just going over rocks and tree roots.  Finally the path opened up to the main waterfall.  And it was amazing.  Worth the work to get there!!!
 
Lower Escondido Falls

 
Upper Escondido Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment