Saturday, January 8, 2011

Green Smoothie Success

I've tried to make green smoothies before.  They were okay, but not great.  However, inspired by this post by Joy the Baker, I tried again today.  It was amazing!  I highly recommend this combination.


Green Smoothie

1 cup orange juice
2 cups spinach
1 banana (frozen if you have time)
1/2 pear, chopped
Honey to taste

Blend the juice and spinach until smooth.  Add the fruit and a drizzle of honey.  Blend until smooth.  Taste, add more honey if needed.  Add a few ice cubes and blend again if the banana isn't frozen.

Nutrition info:
341 calories, 1 g fat, 85 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 5 g protein

3 comments:

  1. It was really tasty, plus I had so much energy this afternoon after drinking it for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I love green smoothies :) They're a staple in our diet.

    ReplyDelete