Monday, January 10, 2011

Green Soup

I'm on a produce kick.  It's a little weird, I'll admit, but I'm going with it.  It has to be healthy.  I cannot believe it, but this soup looked good to me.  Good enough to go out, buy the ingredients, and make it.  And I enjoyed it.  True, I also paired it with a serving of chicken sausage on the side, but I'm not trying to be a vegetarian here.  Just a lover of vegetables.

My review:  First off, Trader Joe's didn't have parsnips, so I substituted in one small yam (white flesh, purple skin).  The soup is very mild.  On the first bite, I thought it was bland, however, I had forgotten to add salt and pepper.  Next time I will increase the ginger and garlic as well.  After a few properly seasoned spoonfuls, I really started to enjoy the light taste.  I'll definitely make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment