Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shopping Uptopia

So I read a lot of blogs written by girls that love Anthropologie.  I love it as well, but rarely shop there.  One of the reasons is that there isn't one near me (the closest one that I ever go to is in Santa Monica).  Another reason is the cost of the items.  I do like using it for inspiration though, so when I saw that my mall is getting an Anthropologie, I was ecstatic!  Also, I was very sad to see the Pottery Barn in my mall was closing, but it's being replaced with an Urban Outfitters!  Another favorite store of mine that I rarely go to (it's in Santa Monica as well).  I've been waiting for these two stores for quite a while now.  Every time I go to the mall and ask, they've pushed back the opening dates.  Currently, Anthropologie is scheduled to open mid-April, and Urban Outfitters is scheduled to open late May.  Mind you that when they first put up the sign for Anthropologie, the opening date was March 1st.  Whenever they finally decide to open these stores, the mall near me will officially be shopping utopia.  I'm not kidding - currently we have: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Target, Sephora, Apple, Forever 21, H&M, American Eagle, J Crew, Banana Republic, Victoria's Secret, White House Black Market, Free People, Bakers, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, etc, etc, etc....it's a huge mall.  It has a full range of stores from Sears, which I like for things like tools, to a stretch of stores such as Jimmy Choo, Louise Vitton, Cartier, Burberry, and Armani Exchange.

Update:  I just checked Anthropologie's website - it's opening 4/2.  Yay!

Yet another update: http://www.hillsofwoodland.com/2010/03/29/rumor-mill-puts-anthropologie-at-westfield-topanga-opening-for-monday-april-5-2010/

Update (on 4/6) - Urban Outfitters is now scheduled to open mid July at the earliest, but the customer service guy at the mall said most likely August because they were behind on the construction already.

No comments:

Post a Comment