Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

So I had fully intended to do a big post to review the new line at Target, but alas, almost everything is sold out, both online and in my store.  I could not believe how picked over everything was at 9:30 this morning in store.  I tried on everything I could find in my size and took pictures, but honestly, I was unimpressed by the line.  Most everything is made of polyester or a weird nylon similar to a windbreaker.  I did purchase one item, the lingerie tank top in blue.  Although it is nylon, it is a fake silk feel.  The seaming is wonderful on this.  Much better than most $20 tops.  Another favorite of mine is the twist shoulder drape top in black.  It did not drape on me anything like it does on the model online, but it was still quite flattering on me in a size large.  However, I cannot rationalize paying $23 for a black polyester top.  The fabric just doesn't work for me.  I also recommend a few items if you can find them: lingerie lace trim dress in either pink or green print for anyone taller and leaner than me.  The large went to my calves!  Also, the halter eyelet dress was amazing.  It was much too much volume for me, but I imagine it would look great in a smaller size.

Overall, the scene at Target this morning was crazy.  The cashier told me that when the store opened at 8 am, women came in and bought multiples of everything in the line, spending hundreds of dollars each.

I'll spare you the fitting room pictures, but here's the picture from Target.com of the shirt I purchased.  It's a tunic length on me, and I bought a size large.
Lingerie tank top by Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

No comments:

Post a Comment