Sunday, January 31, 2010

Repost from Cheap Healthy Good

This is a very lengthy article that was linked from Cheap Healthy Good.  I actually read the whole thing, and if and when you have time, I think you should too.  It's great information and opinion.  As I've posted before, I really enjoy food ... from shopping for it and being surrounded by it at the Farmers' Market to cooking and eating it.  I also love to share food knowledge, both recipes and ideas on how to enjoy it more.  Food is fuel, yes, but it should be enjoyed, not just consumed in the same manner that you fill your car with gas.  With food as your fuel, the better the quality that you put in, the better it makes you feel.  And I agree with the author that the nutrients are not the only variables in the equation of how "healthy" is a particular food.  The lifestyle associated with that food matters as well.  I will gladly take my cue from the French!  (And yes, Mom, I will watch and enjoy the movie Julie and Julia that you bought me for Christmas.  It's on the docket for this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment