Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big South 5k

I am finally back into running!  This is important since the official Disney Princess half-marathon training started this week.  The half-marathon is in 20 weeks, so I'm doing the first three weeks of the beginner plan, then I'll switch to the 18 week "to finish in the upright position" plan.  This weekend the shopping center across the street from me hosted a 5k, so I just had to run it.  I hadn't expected to do well since I am very rusty in my training (only 2 runs into the half-marathon training).  Since I got bronchitis earlier this year I have been really neglecting my running.  I am proud to say that I finished the 5k today in 38 minutes!  I walked a lot, but I got it done.  My mom is in town, so she cheered me on and took photos.  Also I cannot recommend this Lululemon top highly enough.  I was decently warm at the start line and comfortable during and after the race.  I was so happy I didn't need any layers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment