Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Spice

I was thrilled to find the recipe on the Kitchn for a pumpkin spice latte since I really don't like paying for it at Starbucks. Despite the price, they're amazing.  So I found some canned pumpkin and made it...YUM!  I modified the recipe a little, so here's my take on it.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Drink
(makes about 2 very large mugs)

2 cups vanilla soy milk (I used 8th Continent Complete Vanilla)
2 Tbsp canned pumpkin
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Coffee to taste

Whisk together soy milk, pumpkin and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat until hot.  Off the heat, add in pie spice and vanilla.  Blend or whisk until frothy.  Serve in big mugs with coffee to taste (I used a 1:1 ratio) and an extra sprinkle of pie spice.

The soy milk I used was very sweet and had a strong vanilla flavor, so if you use something else, you can double the syrup and vanilla.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love soy lattes and the pumpkin spice sounds like a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete