Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Revisited

Today was dedicated to pumpkin.  After brunch and shopping at Earth Fare, I started cooking.  I started out with a pot of pumpkin white hot chocolate.  It's basically my pumpkin coffee drink with coffee replaced with white chocolate.  For dinner, I cooked Rachael Ray's Penne-wise pasta and Green Gobble-'Ems garlic bread.  Following dinner, I baked pumpkin butterscotch cookies.  Whew, that's a lot of pumpkin (& dishes)!!  However, I didn't stop to take photos today, so these are from the web.
 

Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate

2 cups vanilla soy milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
vanilla extract, if needed

Whisk together soy milk, syrup, and pumpkin then heat over low heat until hot.  Place chips in a bowl, add a small amount of hot milk mixture and stir until chips melt.  Add melted chips to the pot of hot milk and whisk to combine.  Add in pie spice, taste and adjust sweetness or vanilla if needed.  Whisk vigorously or blend briefly to create foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment