Sunday, May 23, 2010

Creative CSA Recipes

Having a CSA forces me to eat more vegetables...and be creative with recipes.  My secret to an extra tasty vegetable soup is starting it with bacon.  Yum!

CSA Vegetable Soup

The recipe itself isn't really a recipe...I started with bacon, cooked it down with onions, peppers, and celery.  I added a bay leaf, canned tomatoes, and chicken broth.  The vegetables I included were: kale, beet greens, carrot tops, and fava beans.  I added tri-color beans and seasoning salt at the end.  I changed up the leftovers by mixing in salsa, cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. the soup looks delish ! i love soups..all kinds really they are so fun to make & really cure the soul.

    would love you to visit Passport Glamour & follow if you like


    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete