Saturday, April 9, 2011

I wish I could be a Jetsetter.

This morning I'm spending several hours sitting in the Starbucks inside of the Jaguar dealership that's across the street from Mazda Service, where my precious car is getting a recall taken care of.  While sipping my coffee and waiting, I've been browsing my favorite online boutique sites.  I bought a gown on HauteLook to wear to my cousin's wedding next month, but now I'm browsing a site I know I won't be ordering anything from...at least not anytime soon.  You see, I LOVE to browse Gilt's Jetsetter site.  I love vacations, but I just spent my luxury fund on a new laptop.  I love my new MacBook Air (it's fantastic for days like today, and the combination of amazing battery life and it's tiny size/weight is great).  But, oh, I'd love one of these vacations!  How about Fiji...all-inclusive for only $215/night for two people!
  

Or one of my favorite cities in the US, Miami.  It costs a bit more, but it's an exclusive members only beach club near South Beach and includes spa treatments.
 

A private island resort in the Caribbean also sounds fantastic.  Anyone want to get away to the middle of nowhere with me?  Too bad the transportation isn't included, this one looks expensive to get to.
 

If you hadn't noticed, I'm specifically dreaming of warmer climates.  Los Angeles decided that for the one and only week I'm in town, it is now confused what season it is.  It's acting like it's winter.  It was 40 when I woke up today!  So not okay for April in southern California.  Of course all of this dreaming of vacations doesn't do me any good unless I save up the money for it.  I wonder if I can trim my budget enough for it?  If you're interested in seeing these and the other current sales (and getting $25 to spend), join Jetsetter!

No comments:

Post a Comment