Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tax Holiday!

So my first weekend living in Charlotte is their tax holiday for back-to-school shopping.  This means that all clothing is tax-free.  Since I have birthday month coupons, I decided that I should spend my first weekend exploring the area, starting with the shopping!  I happen to live walking distance from an amazing outdoor mall, Blakeney.  On Friday night I drove over (due to a thunderstorm) and hit up Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, and Banana Republic.  I did SO well at Banana Republic!  They had two deals going on, 25% off all sale and $25 coupons for ever $50 spent.  In addition, I had a $10 reward card.  So, I bought two dresses, a pair of pants, and a cardigan for only $100, plus I got two $25 (off of a $50 purchase) coupons!  I still have a $15 birthday reward, so I hope to go back later this month to pick out a few more items to use those coupons.

This dress only cost me $18!

Today I drove over to the mall.  It's very nice, but all on one floor, so it involves a ton of walking to get around it.  It's definitely a high-end mall - the anchors include Neiman Marcus, Belk, and Nordstrom.  My goals were Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, and American Eagle.  I saw they also have LuluLemon, Sur La Table, Tiffany's, Godiva, Sephora, Apple, and several other stores I look forward to having nearby.  I used my birthday discount at Anthropologie to pick up a dress, cardigan (in bright blue), tank, and belt.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment