Sunday, February 5, 2012

My secret to weight loss!

I accidentally started losing weight. Since I wanted to continue losing weight, I had to think about what I had been doing differently. I figured it out, and I've continued now for a month. I'm down 9.6 lbs and I now fit into my size 29 jeans (down from size 31). My big weight loss secret is...(drum roll please)...

...eating less.

There. It is SO stupid simple it makes me angry, but it's working, so I'm going with it. It's surprisingly simple. I just eat when I'm hungry, and I'm not grazing during work. I still eat whatever I want, but since I know I'm eating less, I tend to choose foods that keep me full longer like oatmeal, quinoa, and lots of veggies. I slip up occasionally, but I've given myself a whole year to reach my goal, so it's okay.
Do you have any life changing realizations that are just as simple?

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I think "slipping up" is totally fine -- at least for me, any diet that's too restrictive makes me crave the food even more.

    ReplyDelete