Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Virginia Highland Summerfest

Last Saturday I went to Virginia Highland Summerfest with my parents.  It was my last full day of my vacation in Georgia, and I wanted to get to Atlanta.  When I stay with my parents we don't normally go to the city.  Because I lived downtown for five years in college, I absolutely love Atlanta.  I wish I could move there permanently!!!  Virginia Highland is one of my favorite neighborhoods.  I love the craftsman style houses, cute shops, fun pubs, and good restaurants.  Plus it's very pedestrian friendly.  Summerfest was extraordinarily hot (90+), so we couldn't really browse for too long.  It was a shame since there were so many great artists.

    
Dress: Target
Shoes: Naturalizer
Necklace: Forever 21
Purse (w/camera bag attached): H&M
I also had on a brown Forever 21 belt, but I had to take it off because I was sweating so much with it.

As you can see, I decided that in the heat and humidity my hair needed to be up.  I wore this hairstyle, milk maid braids, twice on my vacation, as seen below from earlier in the week to lay out in the backyard and then run errands.  It may be my go-to hairstyle this summer.  To make this style work with my long layered hair, I actually secured the braids twice each.  When the initial braid started to get messy from layers ending I used a regular hair-tie to secure it, then I made new sections all of equal length and braided almost to the end no matter how much my layers were ending and used almost invisible tiny rubber hair bands.  Also, I kept the braids very tight at the beginning and pulled them straight out away from my head while starting the braid.  These two efforts helped them lay flat when I pulled them up.
Dress & vest: Forever 21
Shoes: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment