Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eye Revelation

So I had a revelation tonight.  (Granted I went out this evening with friends and may have had more than one cocktail.)  I think my eyes are one of my best features.

So, tonight I went out for a friend's birthday party, and she requested that we wear formalwear.  Thus, I put in my contacts because glasses just don't look so great with a long gown.  As I was taking off my jewelry I looked in the mirror.  The first thing I saw were my blue eyes.  I think I had forgotten what they really looked like because I always have on glasses.  I don't normally wear contacts because my eyes are severely dry (for the same reason I am also not a candidate for Lasik surgery).  However I had my tear ducts re-plugged this week, which is not as bad as it sounds, and I have been on prescription eye drops regularly for a few months.  My contacts are not bothering me, they feel fantastic, and I wish I could get my ophthalmologist's approval to wear them more often than twice per month.  In all honesty, I doubt that would happen, so I really just wish I could be cleared to have Lasik eye surgery.  All ranting aside, I guess I should just be happy I have cool glasses, and I am always open to suggestions for new ones.
Sorry for the kind of creepy webcam picture, but you get the idea -  big blue eyes.

1 comment:

  1. When you were a baby we constantly had people comment on your beautiful blue eyes! Yes, your best feature, hands down.

    ReplyDelete