Monday, May 16, 2011

SWE-LA Professional Development Conference

Last Friday I attended and volunteered at the SWE-LA (Society of Women Engineers, Los Angeles section) professional development conference at the Proud Bird.  It was a fantastic day!  The speakers were great, and I learned a lot.  Plus I love hanging out with the SWE members.  I hosted a fashion show about "What Works At Work" for entertainment during lunch.  I think it went really well.  It was my first time speaking in front of a large group, I was extremely nervous, but everyone said it was amazing!  Apparently no one could tell that my heart was pounding.  I wore a business cocktail dress for the last category of the show, so I used a blazer to make it appropriate for the whole day.
   
Dress: Banana Republic
Jacket: H&M
Shoes, necklace & computer bag: Target
Pantyhose: c/o my friend Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment