Saturday, August 7, 2010

Venice's First Friday

Last night I went to the First Friday event in Venice with a few of my coworkers.  I dressed in layers since the forecast was a low of 58 last night, but the crowds of people were warmer.
 
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: Old Navy
Boots: Bakers
Necklace: Cost Plus World Market

I had no idea how many food trucks would be there.  It was fantastic, but I learned a few things.  This event is the first Friday of every month, all year long, so I'll have to go back in the winter when the lines are shorter.  Also I'll remember to bring a lot of cash and come super hungry next time!  I ate at the Kogi truck and Cool Haus, two of the most well-known food trucks in LA.  Both were amazing!
 
Kogi BBQ Truck & Short Rib Taco (Images from menuism.com)
I had a short rib taco, calamari taco, and part of a kimchi quesadilla 

 
Coolhaus ice cream truck (images from foodtrucktimes.com & eatcoolhaus.com)
I ordered chocolate cookies with balsamic fig & mascarpone ice cream

1 comment: