Sunday, August 1, 2010

Finally, wedding attire options I can afford!

This weekend's quest to find a dress to wear to a wedding this month may have finally ended.  I bought 3 $30 party dresses hoping one works.  The first option is from Forever 21.  I love polka dots, and this dress brings black to the standard navy and white polka dot combination.  I would pair this with a pendant necklace, with pearls or a locket.  The straps need shortened on this.
 

The next dress came from the sale room of Urban Outfitters.  I was drawn to the jewel tone and the detail on the back.  I would pair this with a necklace of the same weight as the one I wore for the picture but in silver and black instead of gold.  The straps on this dress need shortened a lot.
 

The last dress is also from the sale room of Urban Outfitters.  I love the bubble hem.  I felt like it needed a wide black belt, but once I put it together, I think it could go either way.  I'm also not sure about accessories yet.  I could have the neckline ruched at the tailor to make it a slight sweetheart, a very flattering shape on me.
  

And I've been feeling extra skinny this weekend, so here are two silly photos that I just liked because I look thin!
 

So, which should I keep and which should I return?  The black and pink dress from H&M could still be an option as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been a dress shopping whirlwind this week! Well, as I always feel my opinion is very important let me see what I think.

    Of these three, personally I really not into the Urban Outfitter's turquoise one.

    I wouldn't call myself a polka dot person, but that dress really does look good on you, plus the color really works with your eyes!

    As far as the floral dress, hard form me to make a call like that because you have a creative vision for it that I'd have to see first. However, I think I would go without the belt on it. Fashion expert that I am, LOL.

    Also, looking at yesterday's post I think the Black/White dress from White House Black Market is beautiful, too.

    So much fun watching you play dress up! I will be very excited to see what you pick. And there's nothing wrong with making a value play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the polka dot dress first and the bubble hem floral next.

    ReplyDelete