Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Fashion's Night Out Recap

So I realize I haven't posted in forever, but it's because I have the crud.  You know, the crud that everyone in the office gets and no matter how much Purell you use or how many times you wash your hands, you end up with it.  And it sucks.  This one is like a cold except my body aches like crazy.  It's not bad enough to take a few sick days, but bad enough to feel miserable and whine and complain when I end up working a long day.  And take a few days off from blogging.

Now, back to FNO.  I went to the celebration at my local mall, Westfield Topanga.  Although it wasn't very well advertised, the events sounded like fun.  Unfortunately, due to the meager amount of advertisements, it was super SLOW.  The stores were almost empty.  It was kind of sad.  Luckily my friend Jen and I had fun trying on $300+ shoes at Stuart Weitzman while drinking champagne with blackberries and eating brownies and cheese straws.  We also stopped by BeutiFeel for Godiva chocolates, Bare Escentuals for cookies and a mini-makeover, Free People for more snacks, and Kate Spade for the best sparkling juice ever.  I felt so bad for the retailers, the mall REALLY should have advertised it more.  In LA most people probably went to Rodeo Drive, because they advertised food trucks and a carnival, and Beverly Center, because the Mayor endorsed that event.  Topanga was the only mall in my part of town that participated.  It's a fantastic mall, and more locals should have attended!

Now, here's what I wore, super comfortable and I felt appropriate to be browsing in expensive stores.
 
Shirt: American Apparel
Jeans: Paige Denim
Tank: Forever 21
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target

No comments:

Post a Comment